Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life as it is...

I have been incredibly busy lately. I've got the upcoming market season barreling towards me at a breakneck pace, homeschooling panics, household chores, family negotiations.. The usual life things, for the most part. It seems the upcoming festivals and farmer's markets put a bit more pressure on me than other things do, since they have to be done On Time or In Time.
I've been finding more motivation and happiness in creating this spring than I have in a long time. I'm grateful for that, as it makes it much easier to meet my goals! I struggle with perfectionism, though. Sometimes it's tempting to just stop instead of torturing myself with how things won't be just. so. But I can't do that, can I? I really do like making soap and I really like having a business.
I want to be the best soapmaker, I want to contribute financially to my family, and I want to do it on my time. Wow. No pressure, right? ;)

Well, it seems right now that the pressure has let up a bit. I'm enjoying creating new soaps, new scents, new things.. I'm enjoying thinking of taking inventory as "math" for my daughter, and making up a soap list as "writing practice". I love the not-quite-instant gratification of a beautiful, natural product that I feel proud to sell to people.

I hope I can recall all of this when I don't enjoy it quite so much. For now, it's bringing me peace to create and live and do it all together.

Maybe I should do The Artist's Way again...

No comments:

Post a Comment