Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Roadmaster 3 Speed


MY Roadmaster 3 Speed, originally uploaded by Anderson_Tribe.

See that lovely bike? If I wasn't so sick, I'd be working on it! This past week was Spring Cleanup week in our town, which means there was tons of stuff put out on the curb to go to the landfill. So much stuff. So many things that were fine, just "old" to the owners. It makes me pretty sad, frustrated, and angry. No wonder there is so much need in the world!

Something I was able to do was pick up some bikes and bring them home. I found hordes of children's bikes, and I couldn't bring them all home. I also found a lot of adult bikes, but not as many. I've given away all but one of the adult bikes already and still have two or three children's bikes that can go. They are free to a good home.

We found a nice 3speed for me (pictured) and a lovely classic for my 6 year old daughter, too. I think hers is cooler than mine, though.

I think too much stress has made me weak lately, and I'm suffering from a recurring cold that's been going around. And I still have lots of soap to make! Honestly, I'd rather be working on this bike. I can't wait to ride it! I like it so much, I'm considering naming it. (Something uncharacteristic of me!)

Any ideas?

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment