Friday, February 6, 2009

Sorting Out

So, I have this post on peace and how we can cultivate it in our lives that I've been working on. Of course, I have been anything but peaceful since I started writing it. The truth is, there is just so much (too much) to cover. The possibilities are endless. Where do I even start?
While I figure that out, I am doing a lot of reading. Books I've got out right now are:


Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu I've read this before a time or two, but I have finally bought my own copy.

Peace Is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh The author was recommended by a friend and this is the only one of his books I found at the library.

Awakening to the Sacred by Lama Surya Das I got this book from the library because it looks really interesting. It is a sort of "how to" manual on 'creating a spiritual life from scratch'. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

The Zen of Creativity by John Daido Loori I am not sure I'll read this whole book, but it looks interesting and has a lot of quotes and stories in it.

Guerrilla Learning: How to Give Your Kids a Real Education With or Without School Pretty self-explanatory here, I think. It gets pretty good reviews and our library didn't have it.

Peyton Place by Grace Metalious Because really, have you seen all the other stuff I'm reading? Everybody needs a trashy novel to break up all the learning!

Hopefully, I'll get a little perspective and be able to return to that bit of writing that is causing me so much irritation.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment