Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What am I up to?

I seem to always have projects going, starting new ones and giving up on impossible ones all the time...

Right now, I'm taking part in the 52Q Art Journal Challenge put on by Emily Falconbridge. My 6 year old daughter is doing it, too, and it's been a lot of fun so far. We're on week 3 right now and I love that it is a small scale project. I also love that it is a question/answer format... it is a great way to get into art journaling without stalling on "what to write!?" Not that I'm ever guilty of that! :)

I am also currently taking part in the third RawFu! Challenge, Andre's Revenge. I signed up when Bunny first started RawFu, but didn't really get into the first challenge. I spent some time this past summer eating a raw food diet, but only for about a month. Now I am trying to keep up with this challenge and be completely RAW! I have to say, I feel much better this way. I love green smoothies, and they are my major source of food some days when I am trying to stay raw. They really knock out cravings for junk and are quite filling.



This last week, I've made several cotton drawstring bags from old T-shirts I had laying around. We seem to have a surplus of old, stained t-shirts and I'm always trying to find new ways to recycle them. Some of them have been used in a pumpkin painting contest I organized in the fall, some of them were used to make two Halloween costumes for my favorite ghouls... A few more I made into drawstring bags for at the co-op. I have some mesh drawstring bags for produce that I love, but they aren't helpful for grains or seeds I buy in bulk. I am really trying to limit the amount of packaging we use and therefore have to recycle/throw away. And these are really not that hard to make! I am thinking of tie-dying them soon. Groovy, man. :)

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment